Add-SiteColumnToContentType not working?

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:15 AM
Hi,

New to all this but I've been using your Powershell tools to create a number of site columns then some site content types. Now I'm trying to assign the site columns to the site content types but I get an error when using the function Add-SiteColumnToContentType.

The "Load-SiteColumns" and and "Load-ContentTypes" do not appear to be defined anywhere. Is this correct or have I missed something?

How do I assign a site column to a site content type using these scripts?

regards Danny
Nov 13, 2015 at 2:51 PM
Hi Danny,

it might be an idea if you post the body of the error message for community colleagues to view.

Thanks
Steven
Developer
Nov 25, 2015 at 5:17 PM
Hey Danny,

The issue is that in the Add-SiteColumnToContentType function this calls the 2 functions that I Originally had built using the Load verb - however I felt it more appropriate to rename the functions that it calls to make use of the Get Verb.

So you could fix this in your own local copy of the scripts however as I'm currently looking at porting most of this to the OfficeDev PnP Project I'm unlikely to continue the development of this project

The OfficeDevPnP modules can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/OfficeDev/PnP-PowerShell

Thanks for reporting this issue though :-)
Marked as answer by kilasuit on 11/25/2015 at 10:17 AM