Bundle power with Office Dev PNP Powershell

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:52 PM
Hi, do you know this github repository? Maybe you can bundle your programming skills. https://github.com/officedev/PnP-PowerShell
Regards.
Sep 4, 2015 at 12:34 PM
That's an interesting link. Thanks for sharing.
Developer
Sep 22, 2015 at 10:58 PM
ronaldvanherk wrote:
Hi, do you know this github repository? Maybe you can bundle your programming skills. https://github.com/officedev/PnP-PowerShell
Regards.
Hi ronaldvanherk - I've been working along side the PnP team and there is 1 key difference

PnP writes the functions in C# (which lots of devs are accustomed to) as opposed to here these are written in the PowerShell Language (which Admins are more accustomed to) - this is to allow there to be a greater focus on community involvement for developing these from an admin perspective and there can then be a point where there is a form of a managed helper to help migrate functions created here into the PnP repo.

Hopefully that makes some sense as to why I'm running this in parallel to the PnP project
Sep 23, 2015 at 6:24 AM
Hi kilasuit,

It is true that the developers of the Office Dev PNP Solutions are writing them in C#, so if that is not your skill I can understand.
I myself an not a developer at all, but actually the C# code snippets with the CSOM code in there are not very hard to read, and actually also not very hard to "translate" to CSOM in Powershell if needed.

As a user that is looking for Powershell Cmdlets that I can use to automate thing against SharePoint Online, I have found the Office Dev PNP Powershell Module solution very useful.

Regards.
Developer
Nov 25, 2015 at 5:23 PM
ronaldvanherk wrote:
Hi kilasuit,

It is true that the developers of the Office Dev PNP Solutions are writing them in C#, so if that is not your skill I can understand.
I myself an not a developer at all, but actually the C# code snippets with the CSOM code in there are not very hard to read, and actually also not very hard to "translate" to CSOM in Powershell if needed.

As a user that is looking for Powershell Cmdlets that I can use to automate thing against SharePoint Online, I have found the Office Dev PNP Powershell Module solution very useful.

Regards.
Its in my plans to port as much of this across to the OfficeDevPnP modules in the upcoming months however it does mean that I have to teach myself some C# to be able to do this (which is high up on the list)

I would look to the OfficeDev modules for further updates for SharePoint PowerShell Functionality
Marked as answer by kilasuit on 11/25/2015 at 10:23 AM