spps.lists.psm1 - possible bug with Get-ListItems

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:43 PM
When I run Get-ListItems I get an error below.
  • Get-List : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'listname'.
Looking at the code for Get-List I see that the parameter is ListTitle. There are two calls to Get-List in this module both using the apparently incorrect parameter name.

The code is Get-List -listname $listname on Line 59 of the spps.lists.psm1 moudle.

Now this begs a question from me which I apologize in advance because: 1) I'm new to this project and 2) I'm spawning a slightly different topic. If I modify the source in any manner the code fails to import giving me multiple errors about nesting '(' and '}'. Is it possible to modify the code?

Thanks all; wonderful project.

PlanetTao
Developer
Sep 17, 2015 at 3:45 PM
I'm currently away but there will be a new release where this is fixed by Tuesday latest

Feel free to leave me your email and I will message you once released

Many Thanks

Ryan


Jan 25, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Hey Ryan,

Not sure this got updated.

I changed Line 59 in spps.lists.PS1M to:
Get-List -ListTitle $ListName
If I'm supposed to submit somewhere else, just let me know.

Jody
Developer
Mar 10, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Have you looked into the Office Dev PnP PowerShell Cmdlets - These are being actively developed & Maintained and I am advising anyone to move across to using them where possible

https://github.com/OfficeDev/PnP-PowerShell

Many thanks
Mar 10, 2016 at 1:50 PM
Unfortunately, we are stuck using SharePoint 2010 at moment.
Developer
Mar 10, 2016 at 2:00 PM
Although it is mentioned that its for 2013 or SPO actually the PnP Cmdlets will still work against 2010 On-Premises.

There may be some Cmdlets that implement items that will not work with 2010 but for the more core items I think that they should work.

If this turns out not to be the case then please let me know and i'll see if I can dedicate some time to this again (not able to promise that however)
Mar 10, 2016 at 3:42 PM
Edited Mar 10, 2016 at 5:38 PM
I will give other a try as we do have a migration date to 0365. I only commented that I updated line above to fix issue that thread was started about.